Audi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guyz, My names Kenny im new to the forums, I am looking into getting a 00-03 B5 S4. I've been an evo guy for a few years and it's time to find a new fun prject...My question is what does it take to make an 11 second B5 S4 mod wise and what kinda price range and i looking at. Thanx guyz

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey....The B5 only ran from 2000-2001. Well, 2001.5 I believe. As far as making it 11 it an 11 second car...it depends on your budget. You can either.
A.) Build it into an RS4. And, then tune the hell out of it. 500hp if done correctly.
B.) Swap everything out for a GT28 or 30 turbo setup. Easily looking at 500hp if tuned right
C.) You can build it from the S4 platform like I have done. I'm not quite an 11 second car, but I'll be there soon. Start with a ECU upgrade(MTM, APR, GIAC, etc), then a downpipe replacement(APR, Milltek, or Vast makes a good piggy pipe) intake(Not neccesary though, the stock is great as it is. But if you do replace...find an X1 Racer CF intake :-D) You're going to want to do the rest of the exhaust as well.(APR, Milltek, Vast, or a custom setup) Next, depending on the trans you're going to want to either - replace the clutch and components or find a TCU chip for the tiptronic(I highly recommend them) That should get you to about 330-340hp. I'm running all that right now and I'm in the mid to high 12's. To get more, you'll have to replace the fueling system with the RS4 setup.

Either way you go, don't forget the rest of the car. Get a nice brake upgrade. The kits are a bit pricey, but well worth it. And, upgrade the suspension and check the control arms and front end.(Ball joints, tie-rods, etc)

With any of them, you should be well on your way to an 11 second B5. They're sweet cars, and I'd suggest one to anyone. I'm not sure what you're looking at cost to do it though. All I know is I have about 18k in aftermarket work done to mine now. And, I'm not to an 11 second car yet. So, good luck to you.

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanx for all the input guyz! Im coming from the Mitsu side of the fence 1g Talons and Evo's. SO i appriciate the replys! Thanx

P.S. there is a guy from upstate, new York (i live on LI) that comes out to the Island every once in awhile and he has made low 10 second passes and people say he is well on his way to 9's i should prolly try and get in touch with him! lol

thanx again for the input guy!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Well, you don't need them. But, they sure do help. I know the K04's will get you there. But, they're expensive to rplace compared to GT28's and you still have to run a closed loop system. I'll share some details of my swap once it's done. Shouldn't be too long now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah that would be greeaat if you could, cause if im not in an S4 by Spring im buying this guys 94 6spd Black supra...lol def a change, but i still have my evo so well see...

BTW- can u elaberate on the "closed loop system?" Thanx

·
Registered
170 Posts
A closed loop system is what audi uses for the turbos. It takes the excess exhaust gas and recirculates it back into the intake. Unlike most turbo'd cars which vent to the atmosphere. Audis use a Diverter valve instead of a blow off valve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ohhh ok yeah i have heard of this b4, I didn't realize you were talking about turbo, i thought you were talking about some type of fuel system! lol I have a lot of reading to do! thanx again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts