Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did my last maintenance of my 2001 A4 quattro in April, 2006.

but the dealer started asking me to get my car for service every 6 month or 7,000km, but as the maintenance booklet says this car only needs service at every 16,000km. I'm really confused. ...:confused: ...

should I listen to the dealer, or the book?
thanks a lot...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think you have a pushy dealer, but he's not wrong when it comes to oil changes. A car should not be expected to run for 15000kms on the same 5L of oil. Change your oil & filter every 5000kms, especially as the car gets older. Also be careful what oil you use - stay away from synthetics in older cars - they do too good a job of cleaning and you could end up with an unnecessary oil leak. Your 2001 model will tell you when to replace brake pads, and dont forget to renew your air filter every 5000km. I've only now remembered to clean my simota cone after 7000kms, and have been battling with engine stumble at acceleration, thinking it was the fuel pump or crap in the fuel line all the time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rob, got another question for you if you can help me..
should I go to the dealer to change my break pads or it is OK that I buy some after-market ones and have them installed in a carshop? as long as it doesn't have a negetive effect for the compter break-pad mornitoring system.
Thanks again...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Play it safe and let the dealer put in genuine pads and new sensor if needed. Ask them to blead through fresh brake fluid while they're at it. Also check discs - although my fronts look ok I need to replace (or skim) because of squeel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts