Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm looking to lowwer my 1998 a4 and I was wondering if theres a certain brand that may be better than others?

Also heard that bushings may start making nosie? Any different brand that may last longer than oem?

Thanks for all the input I hope you have some ideas. :57:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
are u lookin for a spring/shock combo or the better coilover

·
Registered
195 Posts
If you want to lower the car a little, then the spring replacement is the least expensive. Many Audiphiles prefer the German H+R springs which will lower the car approximately 1.5". You could also use the factory sport suspension which will lower the car only 20mm. I would go with the H+R if you are going to bother with any change at all since I like the extra drop. Bilsteins are popular shocks.

Coilovers will be more expensive but will give you a completely adjustable ride height independent of whatever spring rate you choose. That's an option you don't have with just changing the springs. If you can afford the coilovers, that's the way I would go. Koni makes a coilover although they are a bit more expensive unless you find them on sale.

All the Audi aftermarket and tuner shops offer these, you can read about everyones opinion and what they are using in the techinical forums at: http://forums.fourtitude.com/

VB

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for the advise I'll probably stick w/ springs I'm doing timing belt and new clutch so $$$$ is tight. Any advice on where to get a good price/quality parts other than the dealer let me know thanx again. :liebe011:

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
there's a really good site called hopupracing.com. it has alot of stuff for the a4, i am getting the H&R sport springs for $217. really good price for springs and it gives u about 1-2 in. drop.but i kind of don't want to get them b/c when it snows the clearence sucks and i don't want to break anything b/c parts are not cheap!!!!!!!! but i hope this site helps u out.
good-luck :banana:

·
Registered
195 Posts
You could also check out other Audi sites to verify price and the part number. Sometimes tuners get the spring numbers mixed up. Seen it happen with other Audis.

Check www.awe-tuning.com for their spring numbers and vehicle fitment. Price $229 - maybe check if shipping is included and guarantee.

or Pure MotorSport: www.purems.com they have them for $223 + $13 shipping - again check the model and part number from all these sites to make sure you get the right spring.

Enjoy the lowering - it will look great!

VB

·
Registered
195 Posts
hijack subject - coilover prices:

www.purems.com

For my 1999 A4 avant 1.8T:

H&R $1480 list $1215 on sale
Koni $1460 list $986 on sale
Vogtland $1499 list $1040 on sale

Your price may vary depending on year/model.

VB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts