Audi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i lowered my audi a4 98 , would the car look nicer? Cause is it worth the 230 sumtin bucks?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yes. Theres a massive gap on most A4s between the top of the wheel and the arch. If you lower the car about 40mm it will look a lot sportier. You should find it will take corners better too.

Are you on standard wheels?

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
how much can i lower my car? (on 20"s b6)

·
Registered
470 Posts
You may struggle with 20s. You might be able to get around 30mm, depends on the clearance of the wheels. If you get coilovers you can adjust how high/low you want the car. Also because there a more compact system you have more space under the arches for bigger wheels.

·
Registered
195 Posts
All the A4's I have seen this is true for the front suspension; however, the rear has a separate spring located in-board and down away from the shock, so any coilover will be much larger than just the standard shock and will not fit as large a wheel/tire.

VB

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
And did I mention, I really do prefer the coilover suspension. It is truly a great way to go with complete adjustability for any ride height you want - just watch the offset of your wheels.

VB

·
Registered
75 Posts
Go one further and also fit Eibach 15mm spacers on all wheels. The handling becomes that much better, and looks very good

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yes, the 15mm kit comes with longer bolts. If you go 20mm then the spacers bolt onto the hubs, and the wheels bolt onto the spacers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts