Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just pick up a 2006 A4 2.0 for my daily driver and wanted to say hey. I've had the car for two days and have to say I am very impressed with it. This is my first Audi. My weekend car is a 2004 BMW M3 Cabrio.

I just picked up some 19" chrome wheels for the A4 today and am wondering what the most simple way to lower the car would be as it looks like a 4X4! Having way too much money sunk into the M3 I want to do this as cost efficient as possible. Any suggestions? Oh, and BTW I decided to lease this so I am assuming I would have to convert back to the stock suspension?

Any help would be greatly appriciated!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
just get a shock and spring combo
because if u just get springs the shocks will go out prematurely

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 2005.5 2.0TFSI, which i just lowered using Neuspeed Race springs (buy on ebay and save $)and Bilstein sport shocks front and rear. (supremepowerparts.com) it sits perfectly and the ride is better than stock. i did keep my oem springs/shoks as mine is a lease also. total cost was less than $800 installed, make sure you don't get screwed on the labor, there should be no additional charge to do the shock install as they will already be exposed and easily swapped out with the springs. let me know if you have any other questions, i will try and post some pics for you to see.

·
Registered
470 Posts
You could use just springs. As long as you don't go lower than 50mm the shocks shouldn't wear out any quicker. H&R an Bilstein are the better springs. progressively wound for a better ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts