Audi Forums banner

Low power on 1.8t

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  A3Lee 
#1 ·
I have a AGU 1.8t,and have been getting problems with its power output.Sometimes it feels really strong on power,definately the full 150Bhp,but it keeps running low for hours at a time.It feels like its running naturaly aspirated.I have checked all the hoses for splits, and when i put it on vehical diagnostics the only fault code poping up was Knock sensor.So, how often do knock sensors go wrong,or are these engines prone to piston knock?Thanks for any advise :puzzled:

#2 ·
Could be a faulty N75 valve with a short in the plug going to it also you may have an issue with the DV.

Get it scaned to see if any code come up.

#4 ·
Sorted.Replaced DV,same.Checked N75 for correct operation,all fine.Vag-com, no faults.But Vag-com showed coolant temp was only 71 c so replaced thermostat,cleaned Throttle body and reset ECU,all working now. however, when replacing the DV,the one that was on there was an aftermarket piston type that is now surplus to requirements, anyone in kent?DV for £20?:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.