Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, my car got a problem starts last week, which it doesnt go when i step on the gas sometimes, it feels the car suddenly stopped to accelerate and after 2 seconds or so, it accelerates again.......it sounds like cant breath...... could it be because of the air induction kit i installed earlier or rainy days...?? or some other reasons? Thank you!!!!!
http://www.audi-forums.com/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=6266

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sounds like the problem I had - I dont know how long your induction kit has been in, but your cone or flat pack could need urgent cleaning & oiling - mine was bad enough to cause an occasional popping sound. Was very hesitant at low revs. Otherwise it might be your fuel pump which on my 98 V6 is in the fuel tank. Try a bottle of fuel line cleaner in half a tank.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got my air induction from LLTEK 5 weeks ago, how often do i need to clean it and i will go try to clean the fuel line n see if it works.
Thank you

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wont be your air filter - only need to clean every 4 or 5000kms. When last was the fuel filter changed?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cleaned fuel injection system about 3000 miles, about 4800km ago...could it be spark plug mis-firing or air intake ratio???

·
Registered
1 Posts
intermittant loss of power

I have what seems to be the same problem it is an intermittant loss of power for just a second, usually when either changing gear and then accelerating or just when driving normally. I will be interested to know what the problem is as mine has been back to the main dealer twice now and they can't find the problem. No history in the Engine management memory.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have finally found why my V6 was stumbling progressively worse on accelleration - I put on a new set of plug wires last week, and it runs perfectly - dont bother looking for arcing, mine did'nt show anything in the dark. Tip: if you suspect faulty plug wires, spray them with Q20. If it improves, put on new ones. The heat messes them up eventually. Coil packs also tend to go, but mine seem ok.

·
Registered
137 Posts
It's just a thought but you might want to take a look at your MAF sensor or its callibration. Your new cold air induction is flowing more air in respect to your throttle position. Also, if your air filter is pretreated with oil this can coat the foil in the MAF. If this is the case you can clean it with some CRC MAF cleaner although my experience from the past indicates that once these things start to go then they go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts