Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i have just registered,
have had a problem since a service done by independant audi mechanic..no power thoughts of broken turbo, leaks in pipes etc.

Found that if i waggled hoses from diesel filter car went like stink.

independant walked me through removing T piece on top of filter car goes like stink!!

has there been a vaccum or pressurised in filter?Verry happy bunny!! Maybe might help someone else out there.

Cheers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi RickT,
The car fell over the next day. Have had the fuel system and vaccum system checked out. New fuel bleed valve installed. The MAF checked. EGR valve checked.Next to check is the turbo will keep you posted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The garage had my car all day. Supposedly stripping down the turbo, whereas they did nothing to the car, only test driving it. They say they cannot find anything wrong with it. But it has no power!! Luckily the garage did not charge me. I'm back to waggling pipes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My audi is 2002 model with 117k miles.This is the first time i have owned a diesel. a week after purchasing the car it would not accelerate above 80mph so the maf was replaced with a reconditioned one. This cured top end speed but did little for low level grunt. Occasionally, the car will take off in all gears and across the rev range and the power of this is exhilerating like being pushed along. Is this normal? Under ordainary driving the car requires lots of throttle and feels like it is underpowered. Am i asking for too much out of my audi?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts