Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, we are looking at getting a Q7. I havent seen alot of issues or complaints on forums so far. Every other car forum I frequent,people always have complaints about a certain model. car. So how do you all like so far. Any complaints

Also, we would get a fully loaded,every option 3.6 premium, but the only thing missing is rear entertainment dvd. Is there any talk of 2008 model coming with DVD. Or would you just go afterarket with a kit from Vizualogic?
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mike-R said:
Hello, we are looking at getting a Q7. I havent seen alot of issues or complaints on forums so far. Every other car forum I frequent,people always have complaints about a certain model. car. So how do you all like so far. Any complaints

Also, we would get a fully loaded,every option 3.6 premium, but the only thing missing is rear entertainment dvd. Is there any talk of 2008 model coming with DVD. Or would you just go afterarket with a kit from Vizualogic?
Thanks
Mike
I have a 3.6 S-Line and I love it.. If you can, go for the S-line because most of what you are paying for to load the premuim is basically included in the S-line package. But if not, the 3.6 Premium is a good choice. I am driving the 4.2 as a loaner right now, and I think my S-line is faster, and burns less gas.. I can't wait to get it back!!

NAV System is a must... I think bluetooth is standard, but try to get a Keyless go car.. It's well worth it..
Options like side assist, and the Park assist from the rear view camera will completely spoil you. trust me.

They actually have a DvD package available at the dealers now. I just saw the one my dealer waas trying to push on me.. IMO, go with Vizualogic. it's much less expensive, and the kit the dealer will sell won't be "factory" anywayz so why pay the extra markup??

I have installed the Dension I-pod Kit in my vehicle for about two months now.. and it works flawlessly.. It gives me 1 USB, 1 Audio input, and a Video output for piping video from the IPoD. Awesome.. It costs a little over 500 bucks shipped from Germany. The dealer is still claiming they won't have IpoD integration till sometime next year.. Which is kinda lame. I'll give you the info if you want it.

Again, I have every option except adaptive cruise and airmatic which I don't really miss for the price because I rarely use CC anyway,, As far as the Air suspension goes.. In comparision to the loaner I now have, I still prefer the Sport suspension of the S-Line much better because the car rides firmer, and holds the road a lot better. I can get lowering springs later if I want to drop it a bit i haven't decided yet.

Either way, I think you'll be very happy.. I haven't had any issues to speak of in fact my dealer has gone out of their way to make sure I am happy with this vehicle...
As I know there is no such thing as a perfect car, I decided to share with you my good experiences so far instead of whining over dumb stuff ( although very little with this car ).
Good Luck I'm sure you'll be happy no matter which model you end up with.. POST PICS.........

ThanX.. "DM"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. We are going to order fully loaded and when i say fully, I mean everything. So we wil have S-line nav,panoramic sunroof,backup camera,etc,etc. But going with the 3 liter becuase my girl doenst need the extra power. But it sounds like from you, that the 3.6 feels faster then the 4.2
Well now just to decide if we will wait a bit and see what changes 08 offers, or just get an 07. Thanks again and i will continue to monitor here to see how you all are enjoying them.
Mike

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mike-R said:
Thanks for the reply. We are going to order fully loaded and when i say fully, I mean everything. So we wil have S-line nav,panoramic sunroof,backup camera,etc,etc. But going with the 3 liter becuase my girl doenst need the extra power. But it sounds like from you, that the 3.6 feels faster then the 4.2
Well now just to decide if we will wait a bit and see what changes 08 offers, or just get an 07. Thanks again and i will continue to monitor here to see how you all are enjoying them.
Mike
Yeah.. I don't get the extra 70 HP of the 4.2 It feels less. I'm not sure if they did anything special with the S-line motor which may be the case I don;t know.. But I put 4K miles on my S-line and I Know for sure that it outperforms the 4.2 that I have. I'm glad I didn't spent the extra 4K.
Cool.. With all of the technology included in the 07's I can't imagine what they will add to the 08's....
The S-Line is a real head turner.
BTW. I just saw today that Audiusa.com is advertising the Ipod Kit for $295.. That's pretty good if it's available.
Congrats again....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts