Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, and gals?, my name is Jeff. I just joined this forum tonight and I have been looking through it for info (and pics??where are they?). Just like before I bought my '93 Corrado SLC, may she rest in peace, I read tons of forums to learn all I could. I've been on VWVortex looking through there and there doesn't seem to be much participation. I don't quite see the same here either. Now don't think I'm bashing this forum because I'm not. I'm 30 years old and looking for a nice 00-01 1/2 S4 because I crave German luxury. Anyone please feel free to chime in for recommendations on forums or other info sites. Please no tuners, as I'm tired of drooling over turbo stage kits for a car that I don't even own...yet. Thanks and for what it is worth. I like the layout of this forum. ;)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
the B5 S4 is an awesome car.. you wont be disapointed. I would sugest not getting the tiptronic automatic - its not very 'sporty' in my opinion, especially in the 00's. Not to mention buying a twin turbo V6 with an auto... :mellow:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh don't worry about that. I plan on shifting through all six speeds happily by hand. Thanks for the reply mod.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
no problem - glad you're getting the 6speed. I've owned two cars with the S4 engine (neither an S4... an A6 and an allroad) which both have minor modifications. You said you didnt want to build your engine.. but there are a few things you can do that i would suggest which would boost the enjoyment of your car a bunch. let us know what you decide

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by bhb399mm@Nov 21 2004, 08:32 PM
You said you didnt want to build your engine.. but there are a few things you can do that i would suggest which would boost the enjoyment of your car a bunch. let us know what you decide
You said that I didn't want to build my engine. I do want to build it up. I'm in the middle of a motor swap now on my cabriolet. I'm putting a 2.0 16v in it. I just need to find the optimal S4 thats all. Turbo upgrades, fmic, coilovers will come later. The first things I plan on changing as soon as I get the car are the suspension (stasis street coilovers) and going to a front dogbone mount (I've heard that the front mount is a bit weak). It will probably be after the new year when I get an S4. I want an '01-'02 with ESP, cold weather package (mmm...heated seats), leather. My fav color so far is the santorin blue. ;)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Originally posted by boofwah@Nov 22 2004, 11:34 AM
The first things I plan on changing as soon as I get the car are the suspension
wrong! the first thing you need to do is get an APR ECU upgrade... boosts the HP to ~318 from the stock 250. :)

then.. suspension, ect

1 - 6 of 6 Posts