Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone!

i'm new to this forum, and would like your help!

i am in the process of buying my next car, and i looked at a 94 audi 90 S, it's got a few problems and i would like to know if it's worth buying and how much it would cost to fix it.

it's a manual car, blue, no rust. no lights like CEL or SRS or ABS are on. clutch and gears feel fine.

but there are two problems,
1) the right rear suspension makes a lot of noise on rough road, it sounds very bouncy, definately needs work on it. owner doesn't know what's wrong
2) owner said the steering fluid is leaking, it might be the steering pump or the rack

says he hasn't fixed the two problems since it hasn't bothered him much and he didn't want to spend money since the car is still running.

i would like to know how much it would cost to fix these two problems and whether it's worth the money to fix them.

the car has done 135K miles.
what are other problems i should look out for a car of this mileage?
what price range should i be looking at if i am to buy this car?
what is the typical mpg expected of these cars?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
RR suspension I'm not sure about, it could be almost anything. Depends on the sound. Power steering pump could be just air in the system, I would check where it is leaking from. If it's from the pump, then a used P/S pump from Force 5 Automotive is probably around 50-100 dollars. If it's leaking from the reservoir, it probably has air in the system: let the car idle, and turn the steering from lock to lock a few times slowly. This should push the air out. I would check the motor mounts for damage, if they are worn the oil could have run out of them. Used mounts are about 75 dollars.

Typical mpg is supposedly around 24/28 city/highway for my car, and they are pretty close I think. I see about 23-24 city in my 1995 Audi 90 Quattro Sport manual, similar car.

As to the price range, that depends on the area you live in. With a clear title, in the kind of shape you seem to be describing, 2500-3000 is probably a somewhat fair price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
bhaskara3 said:
hello everyone!

i'm new to this forum, and would like your help!

i am in the process of buying my next car, and i looked at a 94 audi 90 S, it's got a few problems and i would like to know if it's worth buying and how much it would cost to fix it.

it's a manual car, blue, no rust. no lights like CEL or SRS or ABS are on. clutch and gears feel fine.

but there are two problems,
1) the right rear suspension makes a lot of noise on rough road, it sounds very bouncy, definately needs work on it. owner doesn't know what's wrong
2) owner said the steering fluid is leaking, it might be the steering pump or the rack

says he hasn't fixed the two problems since it hasn't bothered him much and he didn't want to spend money since the car is still running.

i would like to know how much it would cost to fix these two problems and whether it's worth the money to fix them.

the car has done 135K miles.
what are other problems i should look out for a car of this mileage?
what price range should i be looking at if i am to buy this car?
what is the typical mpg expected of these cars?

thanks in advance
Well you can buy my 1995 90s with no problems, i just an engine swap so it now has about 68000 miles 15" rims and illegal tints all leather of course and also sunroof and moonroof.

·
Registered
10 Posts
audi 4 sale

[Hey guys, i registered on this forum to try and sell my car. I have a 95 audi 90 quattro 5 speed. The car is in exelent condition, there is no rust or dents. The interior is absolutly flawless, no rips, tears, or stains. I am the third owner. The car only has 93,000 miles on it. Both heads and all valves were just replaced along with the fuel pump.It just needs a front bumper skin. The car is whit with black interior. It also has tinted windows and 17" BBS rims. Very sharp car. If your interested please reply or call 630-453-7521. I am located in Lisle Il.
Thanks, Codeman.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts