Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem for my father in law. His 99 A6 has the Concert system. It lights up when turned on but no sound plays through any of the speakers. I thought I heard a little fuzz when I cranked it up but it was too faint to be sure what it was. The fuses all seem fine and I've removed the unit as per another postings suggestion but nothing has worked. Please offer any advise you may have. Thanks. :crying:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
you might have missed two fuses... there might be one on the back of the head unit, and theres probably one on the amp if hes got the bose system.. check either of those

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fuse on the head unit seems OK too. The radio turns on and responds as though it's working (changes stations, etc.). Is the other fuse you reference on the subwoofer or the CD changer in the trunk? Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had new tires put on it along with front brakes and tie rods and now the subwoofer is working. What gives? The regular speakers still put out no sound but I choose to believe this is progress. Maybe if I get the radiator flushed the rest of the stereo system will come back to life. :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
My GF's 99 a6 is having a similar issue.

She has only bass in the back, and no sound from any speakers.

I did the same thing as you, checked ALL of the fuses, and they are all fine. The head unit still works fine as well, acts normally.

Im thinking that either the amp in the back went, or the amp is fine, and something in the headunit has gone bad (which would explain the no sound), but not sure why it would still function mostly, and still send bass to the back but no sound to the other speakers.

Hopefully someone can shed light on this subject for us.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts