Audi Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, i have a question. if u touch your headlight bulbs, like the actual bulbs, do they blow out? if that is true is there something i can do to prevent this because i just but a pair of metal whites for 60 bucks and i dont want to buy another. can i clean them or something. well please let me no wat i can do in this situation! thanx

·
Registered
44 Posts
yes if you touch the glass of the bulb they can explode when turned on, This is cause by the oils on your skin. To keep this from happening all you need to do is clean off the glass with some rubbing alchol.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx i really really appreciate it. because i payed alot of money and waited along time for those lights.
thank you again
p.s. where did u get u'r angel eyes from, i was looking at buying a pair

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you ever plan on putting a HID system into your car and do buy aftermarket halo projectors, you may want to make sure that they will work with the HID system so they dont melt cause of the heat produced also.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yup! That why i never did the upgrade! The company that sold them to me also told me the same thing... not to gripe to them if i melt them with HID or higher wattage bulbs.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea, well i was planning on buying the halo angel eyes for like 175 but i'm not sure if it's comming with bulbs or not. i'm buying them from this company from ebay, but they look really nice. here's the site

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-97-98-99...dZViewItem#ITEM

well if u guys find out if it comes with bulbs, please let me no1
thanx
:liebe011:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I doubt they come with the bulbs, and i can tell you that if you ever decide to put a HID system in those they will melt within seconds.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Mine didnt come with the bulbs, i had to buy two sets of h7 bulbs which were really expensive. Well worth it tho

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i just bought a pair of h7 and h1 light bulbs so i think they would work

·
Registered
1 Posts
The bulbs won't "explode" the oils on your fingers cause the bulb to burn hotter and will eventually burn the filliment out faster than if you didn't touch the bulb, so it won't ruin your bulbs just make them not last as long... at least tha thats my understanding

Willis

1 - 14 of 14 Posts