Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I'm brand new to the forum... I'd like to ask a quick question as my car's in for a service and I've been told the brake pads front and back need replacing very shortly. I've had bad experiences previously with garages and the cynical part of me thinks it's the 'oldest trick in the book' to add value to a basic service. I've no way of telling how long the brake pads have got to go - so I'm having to reluctantly take the garage's word for it.

The car's a 2004 Audi A4 and I do a lot of mileage - over 40k... should I expect the brake pads to be at the end of their life span by now?

Any feedback would be gratefully appreciated...

Thanks very much

RepoDrummer

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
u can check the pads urself just get a flash light and look
pads life span change depending on the driving style of the owner

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
40k sounds about right... as above depending on driving style.. . your front pads will always wear qucker than the rears...

also as above you can see the pad throught the alloy... also if you are really unsure... jack it up.. take the wheel off and have a good look...

to be honest i always do the pads my self... 10 mins each wheel...

the dealers are bad for doing this.. its an easy way as you say for them to add add easy £100 for the pads...

They will charge you i bet around £150.00 - £250.0 inc labour at least for 4 new pads.. if not more!!

cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts