Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine has 210,000K's... how long before she blows?

Can anyone tell me anything about the longivity of the 2.3 10V...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 1992 audi 90 5 speed manual
Its has around 323000 K on the clock still running need some attention
does drink a bit of oil, and gearbox needs to be done as the neutral bearing is noise and so is the diff. But I found out that there is an issue with gearbox oil evaporation in those model which caused my issue with the gear box. But still going strong. Hope that helps..

·
Registered
5 Posts
My '86 90 Quattro 2.2 had 200,000 miles (320,000kms) on it & mechanically was near perfect. The engine was strong & used no oil & the transmission was all fine. Bodywork corrosion got the better of it though. Engines have been known to do in excess of 400k miles without requiring any major work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1988 Audi 80 Quattro with 360,000 miles on odom.

My '88 quattro is still going strong. Odometer stopped working at 345,000. Engine burns around 1 qt. oil every 1,200 miles. I use synthetic oil and only change the oil filter once a year, if that. Key to long service life with these cars is consistent maintenance and conscientious driving. I maintain this car myself and the annual operating cost (minus fuel) is around $300 - not bad for reliable transportation. In my 50,000 miles of ownership, it has never left me stranded.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts