Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Just bought a stock 99 A4 1.8SE and wondered what the best simple and easiest mods are. I've put in an mp3 player with IPOD connection, but thats it so far. ideally I want few more horses, better speakers and something that looks subtle and classy.

Its silver so was thinking rear window tints, 18" alloys, k&n 57i kit and new backbox.

Im on a bit of a budget because the UK government are fleecing me for 13K of student debt so alloys and exhaust will probaly wait. Im thinking k&n kit - Ive heard this can lower power though as it doesnt have a cold air feed?? Whats the best option for under £100? also, chrome dash rings are on the cards - are they easy to fit?

any comments much appreciated

Cheers,

Mitch

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
Ive got a K&N on mine and even if it does lower power a bit its well worth it. The chrome dash rings are a pain in the **** to fit but there worth it. Backbox are hard to come by for the 1.8 non turbo. Start at about £240 so might be cheaper for custom made. I would say go with the k&n for the first £100 well worth it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, no turbo which is a shame, couldnt get the insurance. the standard one definitely needs more grunt tho - all the powers at top end with 20v.

Thanks for the advice, will look into filter kits tonight and see what I can do over the weekend. Any pointers to look out for when you fit them?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts