Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive just bought a 99 a6 avant and my drivers window goes down fine but is slow coming up and goes down suddenly, im sure the going down bits due to a safety thing but is there a quick fix for the sluggish window??? wd40 down the runners or is it a door panel of job?? words of wisdom anyone!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I would bet money that the rear window clamp is broken. This is quite common. The fix involves removing the window assembly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Laseron2 said:
I would bet money that the rear window clamp is broken. This is quite common. The fix involves removing the window assembly.
yoiks! IVE BEEN TOLD ITS NOT EASY TO GET THE PANEL OF AND EVEN HARDER TO GET THE WINDOW OUT, IM NOT SHY ABOUT, ooh capitals!, getting stuck in but is this a 'done in a day job'? ive wd'it today and its better. also got remus stainless rear end exhausts new for 200 bucks of ebay today!, i will resist people carriers and getting old!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Once you figure it out it takes ~ an hour to to the work. I used my Bently's service manual which had step by step instructions and pictures.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts