Audi Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been playing with the air con after having it re-gassed and found a new process.......

you know when your driving along alone and you increase or deacrease the drivers temp to say from 18'c to 22.5'c which is equal to say 8 clicks, then you have to do the same to the passeger side to make it equal...
Did you know that if you change the driver temp as above from 18'c to 22.5'c and then press and hold "AUTO" on the drivers side for 2 seconds the passenger side increases to the same as the drivers....
THEN -- whenever you change the drivers temp using "+" & "-" the passgenr increases/decrease at the same time!!!!

To change it back so its not changing both sides at the same time all you need to do is press the + or - on the passengers side to make both sides indpendant again!!..

It makes sense when driving alone!!!

Please let me know if you knew or not!!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah let me know how you get on!!..

also it saves this change to your key as well...

Any of you ofthes tried this yet???????/

Cheers

·
Registered
180 Posts
I discoverd it after having the car about 6 month, but only by accident, I just happend to notice the passenger side temp change at the same time as the driver side

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
how do u just get the vents to open and regular air flow SO MANY BUTTONS TO CHOOSE :/

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Cheers Rick i tried this at the weekend on mine and it works too. nice tip as i dont tend to have the car set on different temp settings either side anyway.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Rick,

You are an automotive genius! Not even the salesperson at Audi knew that trick. I found it hard to believe that the engineers didn't build that feature into the heat/ac controls...but it is in the owners manual, for all those that read.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL!!! all it takes is a little bit of reading and playing about!!!

I asked a few guys i know with A4's and no one knew... i always thought that it must have the feature some how....

i asked the sales guy at Audi if you could do it and he said no.............. so i said to him... "dont worry about it! ... i will show you!!!! ,,, he didnt see the funny side!! LOL!! :)

as i said... make perfect sense when driving alone!! or even with others as your in control as you own the car!!! LOL!! :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Rick,

I just picked up an Audi aproved A4 last week after a couple of years in the wilderness (Had a Jag) and the sales guy who handed over the car to me demonstrated this feature to me. After owning A4's and A6's in the past I was surprised about this feature and not knowing about it. It is in the manual I believe but I'm not sure if it's a relativly new feature as I am sure I read the manuals many times with the previous Audis ive owned.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys,

Thought i would post this up again as we have a few new members now and its a good tip!!!!!

Cheers

Rickt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts