Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1998 S4 Avant has a problem with the lcd screen in the centre of the dash cluster. Not all of the led pixels work, although the functions of the computer seem fine. do i have to replace the whole dash cluster or can i just replace the lcd screen?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just test drove a 2000 1.8T quattro sedan with the same problem. Beautiful car apart from that. I'd be interested to hear if you managed to resolve the problem and how much it cost.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's an expensive repair because it means a whole new dash pod, which then needs configuring with all the car's settings. I now just have the lcd screen switched off, which is much better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive had missing line problems in My LCD pannel for the last two years of my 2000 A4 2.4 SE. It appears to be a weather dependant problem, being I have more missing matrix lines in the cold??
However after a bit of unintential off road driving by my wife this morning the pannel has gone completely.

Question do I loose all my oil/brake/washer fluid/etc system warnings If I dont have an LCD pannel?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Originally posted by Stephen Harms@Feb 7 2005, 05:26 AM
Question do I loose all my oil/brake/washer fluid/etc system warnings If I dont have an LCD pannel?
yes and no.. your check engine light will still come on as its only a light on the dash. same with the abs/brake light and oil light. you will lose, however, the readout specifying what the problem is - i.e. your check engine light may come on ... but you'll have no idea why. if you had the LCD it would say (for instance) emissions workshop or service in xxxx miles. without the LCD it will just trip the check engine light and you wont know why.

personally i love my LCD and would pay to get it fixed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
HEY ALL, I bought my 00 S4 6 months ago and before I pay for the car, I told the used car dealer that he should fix the DEAD LINES on the LCD.

You know what he did? He had to paid about 600 dollars I believe just for the WHOLE LCD PANEL (this includes speedometer and RPM meter and others things). He said it's much cheaper and faster to buy new one than fix the DEAD LINES.

so what happens when you get a problem with LCD? I guess... You have to pay for the whole new LCD panel. I heard if you buy, it costs around 900 dollars....

Its up to you~! lol sorry... really sorry....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts