Audi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Probably been asked a million times but;

Is it easy to change the LCD display screen in the dash pod? Mine has a few 'dead' lines that make it very difficult to read the tri, fault and outside temperature information.

Has anybody else done it, or had it done at all?

Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yes this is a common issue. I do not know if you are able to just replace the Driver's Info Display without changing the whole instrument cluster. does anyone else have any input?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know some one was doing a lot of research on doing this since it seems to be a common issue with our cars, but he never finished. It seemed like a pretty involved project and he never actually figured it out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
how to change the audi LCD display

Hi,I have the manual for how to change the LCD display.But they are all photoes and here i cannot show all of them.So if anyone has the interest,pls contact me,then i will them to you.
My email is [email protected]
MSN is [email protected]
skype is stcardiag

Hi

Probably been asked a million times but;

Is it easy to change the LCD display screen in the dash pod? Mine has a few 'dead' lines that make it very difficult to read the tri, fault and outside temperature information.

Has anybody else done it, or had it done at all?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Shining is specialized on LCD advertising players, with ten different classical designs including all standard sizes from 7inch to 55inch for your choosing. Moreover, Shining is always willing to be your "production base", offerring support on various requirements for all kinds of projects, whatever in software or hardware. Our aim is to make your design idea become reality.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Firstly some soldering skills may be required.

These are replacements for audi Instrument clusters. Please confirm any information before choose lcd display. There is protective film on both sides of the glass, please take it off before you install.

Need to cut the demolition of several white plastic dial connection, so as to smoothly remove the necessary components.

The display must be connected to the circuit with soldering paste, and the driver SED1560TOB must be connected to the mother board, too.

This audi lcd display fits AUDI/VW models:
Audi A3/S3 8L Series from 1996-2003
Audi A4/S4/RS4 B5 Series from 1995-2001
Audi A6/S6/RS6 C5 4B Series from 1997-2004
Audi Allroad C5 Series from 1999-2005
Audi RS4 B5 Series from 2000-2001
Volkswagen Passat B5 and B5 facelift (3B & 3BG)
Volkswagen JETTA / BORA
Volkswagen T4 and T5
Volkswagen Golf 4
Volkswagen Polo
Seat VDO

·
Registered
3 Posts
Add another important thing,
When soldering the lcd, must pay attention on the direction of welding, not welding counter. Installation after completing welding, power can be directly displayed, hear tick, tick, tick sound, the shows have been welded successfully. And do not need to match

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cartronix in Waterlooville (sorry if you're out of the UK). Fantastic job. Only £99, rather than the £165 a lot of the others charge. If you take the dash to them they generally have it fixed within half an hour. They can be foundon e-Bay!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts