Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a 2002 A6 Audi 2.5 TDi with the Symphony built in Radio, Cass, CD player system. For some reason, the radio system went to SAFE mode. I have followed the book instructions on reactivating the radio system using the 4 Figure Key code supplied but the system does not appear to accept the code and it reverts to SAFE after each attempt. My thoughts s far are:

1. The key code instructions are wrong, or

2. The key code is wrong for the radio fitted - but strange if this is so as the documentation appears to be in order!

3. I'm missing something....? :blink:

Has anyone had this problem or similar & if so what did you do to sort it out?

Regards,

Mark

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
i've had the enter the key code a few times - the directions in my manual were corrcet. Maybe the actual code you have is wrong? take it by your dealer and see what they say..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:) Many thanks. I'll follow your advice and take it in to a dealer. I'll report back on the outcome.

Regards,

Mark

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:) Hi just some feed back on my radio code problem. I took it to my local Audi dealer who checked my iD and the radio, and confirmed the radio had been changed. They gave me the code for my radio and all is now well.

Regards,

Mark

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes I have experienced this problem it was down to the fact that the radio installaed was not the origional. Therefore the codes in the manual did not match. deal is your only option.

Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts