Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
02 1.8 T question

just wondering if its worth the time and money spent for it?

Also, what can i expect ? 5-10 HP and maybe some better fuel economy?

Thanks for helping a newbie!

OGD14

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
sure, they're worth the money... they're reusable so you wouldnt have to worry about replacing the filter

5 hp would be about right, 10 would be pushing it. go for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, hey for $50 it seems like a good idea. I know I used to put them on mustangs when i owned those less than classy cars and they always seemed like they gained a little bit and sounded a little bit throatier..........

thanks again!
OGD14

·
Registered
38 Posts
Don't expect an increase in fuel consumption.... it won't happen.

Hey - you are in the US, why are you bothered about fuel ?
Gas over there is dirt cheap!!!
In the UK - We are paying 88p a litre!! (1.67 dollars approx per litre)
so think yourself lucky...!

If i lived in the US, i would be buying the 4.2 V8 S4....... :eek:)

:grin:

·
Registered
4 Posts
K&Ns are over rated to some degree.
They really sell the "increased hp and air flow". It is true they do offer this..however, you would only notice if you had a computer plugged into your engine when driving.

Where the K&N does offer an advantage is that it is good quality and will last a long time. You will save $ on replacment air filters. However, it takes a few 'regular' air filter replacements to offset the cost of one K&N.

my 2 cents..

later..
Back to Le Mans watching..

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had an A4 3.0 and after the first Audi School track event put the K & N filter in. At my normal highway cruise of 74 mph mileage went from average of 26-27 mpg to 28.5-29.6 mpg. Town went from 17-18 mpg to 22 mpg, and found on the track I felt (no measurement) like I had much better response and quick revs. I saw the other comments. We all have an opinion. Oh, I kept the K & N filter and just put in on my new S4 which is not broke in like the A4 -- got 28 mpg at 74-75 mph going to the Bay Area this weekend. Say what you like -- I like results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts