Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im new to the forum. i jus purchased a 2000 A4 1.8T and eventually want to make it a bit quicker. as it is completely standard now and i want to keep it that way for a while, will something small like a k&n air filter make any difference to performance? will in make the induction sound of the turbo any louder? what are some other cheap mods to get going? thanks guys :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Are you talking about getting a new intake tube from your tb, or jsut the airfilter itself? If just the airfilter, then yes a K&N filter would be better.

As for sound, im not sure you would get much a difference if using stock airbox.

·
Registered
7 Posts
K&N Air filters rarely make any difference to performance, all they do is make a noise.. if thats all you want you may aswell get a panel filter and drill the airbox. Performance gains on air filters alone are negligible, combine it with a full system exhaust and you'll see better gains and a more appealing noise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
the k&n air filter isnt gonna do anything no sound and same proformance. get a full intake system if u want to change the intake and get it revoed 93 octane...dont say cheap cuz money aint a thing for dubs and audis

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you do go ahead, avoid all types of "oiled" filter. They coat the MAF sensor with the oil from the filter which isn't good.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I got a k & n air filter on my 98 1.8 and it didn't make any difference in performance or in sound so if i were you i would just spend some money in buying a short ram and that will give you a small amount of performance gains but will make a big difference in the way your car sounds, you will then be able to hear the turbo and the induction sound

1 - 8 of 8 Posts