Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a K&N filter for my 98 A4 2.8, and I havent been able to find any diagrams or instructions on the install. I'm sure somebody out there has done this before. I'd appreciate a general step-by-step description of the process.

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
which filter did you get? most people get the drop in filter, in which case it just replaces the OEM filter in the airbox

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you install it, please share some impressions about the performance gain. I don't want to chip my car, but I was considering a modified filter and I want to know if it's worth it.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
i've got a K&N and its works well. Proformance wise i'm not really sure because i put it in around the same time as i got the car chipped.

It does sound better, and its good because its reusable, no need to buy expensive OEM filters

·
Registered
19 Posts
I fitted a K&N to my standard 1.8 20v about 4 months ago. Definately makes a bit of a nicer noise if thats what you're into. As for performance, I reckon throttle response is slightly better. Pretty sure fuel consumption has been SLIGHTLY reduced! Not sure about 0-60 etc. I read up on them compared to indution kits and they reckon you squeeze 3-5bhp extra compared to 5-7bhp for an exspensive induction kit? (correct me if I'm being an arse)!
I'd go for it. Spend £50 on a K&N or £15-20 on a 1000 mile life stok filter?!
Not sure what to do next to squeeze a bit more out of it?!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts