Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions about a '94 Audi 100 that I just purchased for 7,900 CAD. It has 88,000 miles on it or 142,000 km. Overall the car is in good shape where and tear type things but the car runs typical of other post i have read, sluggish acceleration but take it out on the highway and wow, what a driving experience.

After reading positive review after positive review of this model I had to have one! Ok so I am pretty happy with where the car is mechanically but there are a few annoyances that I want to get fixed and it mostly revolves around the dashboard lightbulbs and the light in the gearshift of the automatic, I dont know if I am even using the right terminology, hopefully you get what I mean! Basically there is no real way to know what gear you are in in the middle of the night. I would like to fix that ASAP. I heard its quite the task to change these bulbs.

I also dont know what I have done but I was messing around with the trunk lock and now I can't open the driver's side door with the key.

If these minor problems could be fixed I think I will have found myself a great deal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Check out the replies by LeonW, and myself in this thread for dash illumination, it's quite easy..

Dash Lights

It's about the later A6 version, but I think the dash is pretty similar. If your steering wheel is rake & reach adjustable, pull it out and down as much as it will go first as this makes this job much easier.

As said in that thread if you want any images just ask, (although they will be of a right hand drive UK spec version of the A6, and manual not auto). I did have an auto ages ago and from memory the auto gear selector display just has one of the plug in bulbs, if not it will be the solder in type which can still be easily fixed as this display unit is separate from the dash so can be removed for repair, (again assuming it's very similar to the a6 version)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts