Audi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Im glad I could join the forum. I just bought a 2005 Audi A4. I have had a few problems with it though.

First when I turn off my temperature control I can hear the motor wind down. It starts high pitched then goes to a low sound.

Second I have had a lot of vibration in the pedals and steering wheel. just wondering if this was normal. When my automatic locks lock my doors I can feel a vibration in my pedals.

Let me know of you thoughts.

ps you can roll down ur windows with the key?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
welcome to the forum
and the noise from ur temp should be normal becasue the heat/ac are powered by a the engine and u releasing the stress

and that door locking thing is weird and i dont know about that

and u can roll the windows after u VAG-COM and reprogram the ECU
but if u put the key in the whole and turn it, it will roll up and down

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for the quick response. I was also wondering if all the Audi A4's are hard to steer, meaning the steering wheel is hard to turn.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
moses0324 said:
Hi thanks for the quick response. I was also wondering if all the Audi A4's are hard to steer, meaning the steering wheel is hard to turn.
The Audi steering is not too heavy,have you checked your tyre pressures as if there low on the front can make the steering feel heavy ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I dont think it is the tire pressure because I recently bought it from a dealership. When they gave me a loaner to borrow while the car was in on repair the loaners steering seemed to be fine. It seems like the older the Audi gets the stiffer the steering. I assume this because I test drove another 2005 audi a4 and it had the same steering as mine. A little stiffer than normal cars. Maybe its normal.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Just had a thought i had a similar issue on a older car i owned (1998 suzuki grand vitara) it turned out the steering rack was worn and needed replacing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts