Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok....well I called the shop to see if my car was done today from getting the water pump and timing done. the guy on the phone says yeah but I have other problems with the car. So I had to have it towed to my work.
After getting it towed to my work I open the hood and check things over. they tourched a 1 1/2" hole in my fan clutch pully!!! I was like WTF!!! then I started it up because he said that it smoked and might have a blown head gasket, Friend that is a mechanic says "SHUT IT OFF!!!!" my timing is way off.
I called the shop to ask them about the pully and ask if they timed it. they said that they did time it and that they did not know about the pully. later on after looking over the car again I noticed that the passenger side timing cover was never removed, so I called them back and they said that they "only needed to take one cover off to time it and that they did know about the tourched whole in the pully"
I am now having my friends dad do the timing on the car and he also noticed that the shop crossed my spark plug wires and cracked one of my ignition coil packs. So I called the shop back again and said that I wanted my money back and want them to fix the pully. They told me that they are not going to give me my money back and if I want they can find me a pully from the junk yard and they if I had to call the state on them then that is what I have to do.
I called the michigan state repair facility complaint line and made a complaint on the shop and on Monday I am going to court to file a law suite on them. It costed me $674.00 to have the Water Pump/Timing done, $110 to have it towed 2 times, $75 for a new coil pack(used), and $240 to have it re-timed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yea man, thats really pathetic. Always make sure your mechanic is a ASE certified tech. I would definitly bring that guy to court if you have to.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
like i said before sue there a*****. thats rediculous!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
That is too bad man sorry to hear that, I would be pissed if I were u 2. Just one question though. Why waste all of you time in small clams court? You will likely end up waiting 6 to 8 months for a hearing which that A-hole wouldn’t even show up to, and if he does you will be lucky to get half of what you paid if anything at all as a settlement. In fact, it will probably just cost u more money. It might make you feel better to just to throw a brick through his shop window, however I do not advocate violence. Its bad for karma Hate to say it but our legal system is in the toilet, and your time is likely more valuable but you got to do what you got to do so GOOD LUCK…

Cool, Claim, Collective, German!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have already filed a complaint with the state of Michigan and have contacted a lawyer to start my lawsuite.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good Luck Man. I Hope Michigan Courts are Speedy. Here In New York This Kind of thing can take years.

I hope it all works out for you, let us know the verdict when the smoke clears.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts