Audi Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to drop by and say hi. :D

I bought a brand new S-Line TDI on Friday last week and am getting it delivered this Friday.

I struggled to find a stock car as I wanted the 21" wheels but managed to find a dealer who had an unregistered/brand new car with the exact spec I wanted.

I have gone for

Phantom Black
Black Leather
Privacy Glass
Comms/Tech/Vis Pack
Heated & Memory Seats
21" Wheels
Bose

Haven't actually seen the car so will post pics when it arrives.

Hoping to get a Roof mounted Screen and DVD Player in ASAP so keep the kids happy.

Si

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
WOW, it's quiet in here .....Any one read this forum ?:cool:

Well my car has just arrived and I have to say it looks and drives amazing....I'm smitten having only driven it 11miles.

Got a long 300mile run this afternoon so will have chance to play with all the toys then and might have some questions.

Si

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Si,

Great Spec, Ive the same - black - god its a nightmare keeping it Clean!! Im getting about 22 - 25 mpg but im a little heavy with the Sports Mode!!

I love the car, except parking it, im paranoid about people bumping the doors.

Im also looking at boosting the BHP from 229 to 275 @ Celtic Tuning - Audi Q7 ECU Remap

Have fun

Regards

Richard

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well here you go boys...Some pics of my new beast.....Check out the massive rims

And just to show how it fits in my garage here it is in my garage

·
Registered
29 Posts
How big? Thats not a Garage - its a bloody BARN!! ;)

~Nice Photos

R

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I've just arrived home after getting the new Screen fitted.

I'll post pictures over the weekend but it looks amazing. They even added AV Cables into the glove box so I can plug in extra stuff !!!!

Si

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dude...the car looks Badazzzzzz!!!! Thanks for sharing the pics. For us folks in the US who haven't seen the 21" wheels...Can't wait!! Mine should be here in a few days, if this winter wonderland can pause. BTW, do you by any chance know the width? Haven't been able to get an answer from anyone on these shores. Enjoy that sweet ride!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm in the process of verifying my order for a Q7 3.0 S Line. The car will be used mostly by my wife, however, I'd like to know how hard the ride is on the 21" versus the 20". I'm not sure whether to take the 21" especially related to curbing the alloys. Any comments would be welcomed.

Thanks

B

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi B.

I think if you or the wife is going to kirb them your'll do just as much to it with 20 or 21 inch rims! Ive had a quicklook at the profile and there is very little difference in the rubber clearence between the two. Go with the 21's Si's look so much better than the standard 20's ive got with the UK Sline.

R

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
brianm said:
I'm in the process of verifying my order for a Q7 3.0 S Line. The car will be used mostly by my wife, however, I'd like to know how hard the ride is on the 21" versus the 20". I'm not sure whether to take the 21" especially related to curbing the alloys. Any comments would be welcomed.

Thanks

B
I'm not sure I agree with Richard, I've seen the 20" S-Line wheels and they seem to have quite a lot of "meat" on them compared the 21" wheels I have.

There is very very little tyre wall on my mine so curbs are an issue for me....Trust me when I say we are being super careful ;)

On the other point, I totally agree with Richard, the 21" Wheels make a massive difference to the look and were the biggest "must have feature" we wanted when choosing the car....Plus they are super rare. I've already seen someone else on the AudiWorld board saying how he's always being asked about this car and getting looks everywhere he goes, when I'm parked up we get loads of people staring mainly because these are cars are so rare but also because the wheels are so MASSIVE.

On point of ride, I feel no difference between the 20" & 21" wheels but as UK cars come as standard with Air Suspension I guess thats no surprise

Si

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Si,

Correct me, from my Auto-Engineering days at school - oh so long ago - the dimensions on the 21's vs 20 are

10J x 21 '7-arm-double-spoke' design alloy wheels 295/35 R 21Y tyres
vs standard sline stock
9J x 20 '5-spoke' design alloy wheels 275/45 R 20Y tyres

So the mesurement we are looking at here is the /35 or /45 which indicates the tyre side wall size, and there is only 10mm difference on rubber. It may just be the optic's of the hugh rims you have, but i dont think there should be much rubber difference.

Never the less - i think its safe to say we all take care of them.

It did note interestingly that the 21 inch wheels are a basic upgrade cost of £700 although the 20's are £1500 in the UK configirator - figure that one out>?!?!

R

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hay Si, You weren’t bombing around MK on Tuesday morning about 10:15? And followed me off a r/about just off J13 M1 did you. I was on my way to RichterSports and was followed for a few r/abouts by a nice Black Q7. Just noting your Reg number on your Avater seems similar. I’m back up on Friday afternoon to pick her up, ill let you know how i get on.
Bungle

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bungle said:
Hi Si,

Correct me, from my Auto-Engineering days at school - oh so long ago - the dimensions on the 21's vs 20 are

10J x 21 '7-arm-double-spoke' design alloy wheels 295/35 R 21Y tyres
vs standard sline stock
9J x 20 '5-spoke' design alloy wheels 275/45 R 20Y tyres

So the mesurement we are looking at here is the /35 or /45 which indicates the tyre side wall size, and there is only 10mm difference on rubber. It may just be the optic's of the hugh rims you have, but i dont think there should be much rubber difference.

Never the less - i think its safe to say we all take care of them.

It did note interestingly that the 21 inch wheels are a basic upgrade cost of £700 although the 20's are £1500 in the UK configirator - figure that one out>?!?!

R
I guess your right, they just look a lot different.

The upgrade of £700 if from a car with the S-Line option where the 20" S-Line wheels are standard, the £1500 upgrade is for a standard or SE car to 20" wheels from 18" wheels. I don't think theres an option to upgrade to the 21" wheels unless you have the S-Line option.

I was in MK yesterday around those times but I'm afraid it wasn't me you saw as

A) I wasn't on the motorway
B) I've for a private reg on my car now not the one in the pics.

So is Lee fitting you the GateWay 500 system is he ? Are they adding anything special to the car or just giving you IPod MP3 integration ?

Si

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks to everyone, 21" wheels ordered!

It has extended the delivery time by about 3-4 weeks due to the short supply. I guees I'll need details of a good alloy repair company!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Brianm, Enjoy those alloys.

Si - Richtersport are fitting alpine 7" Screens in the headrests, 8 disk DVD changer in the boot. AV leads in the glove box to plug in a Archos HD player. Gatway 500 Ipod / MP3 system, I want to plug in a 20gig Creative Zen and the Gateway allows USB or AV connections, figured i'd prefer to have the dash apart once rather then twice. Trying to avoid dash rattle.

They are also remaping to boost the BHP by 70 - 80bhp. I'll let you know how it all goes and post some pics over the weekend.

Regards Bungle

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ordered a Pearl Black Q7 S-Line 3.0TDI a few weeks ago. Virtually ticked every box including the 21" wheels, double glazing, technology pack, keyless entry, advanced parking with camera etc etc.

(Delivery end March/begining April)

Only thing I left out was the sunroof. Bit pointless as I already have a very large sunroof in my other car, A4 Cabriolet 3.2 S-Line Tiptronic also pearl black (call me boring). Purchased the Cabriolet in September and it still has only 2k miles on the clock as I mainly work from home.
Just realized, Ken Livingstone must hate people like me lol

The Q7 is replacing my wifes trusty Ford C-Max which is now 2 years old and have to say has never put a foot wrong. A further addition to family (3 kids now) meant the C-Max was becoming a tightish squeeze. My wife will be driving it mainly.

Question for Si, we're looking to put some entertainment in the back for the kids. You mention a drop down screen you had installed (in the centre I presume??). Does this not get in the way of your rear view when it's down? Have you looked at having 2 screens installed on the back of the front seat headrests?

Thanks in advance
Senna

·
Registered
32 Posts
bungle said:
Brianm, Enjoy those alloys.

Si - Richtersport are fitting alpine 7" Screens in the headrests, 8 disk DVD changer in the boot. AV leads in the glove box to plug in a Archos HD player. Gatway 500 Ipod / MP3 system, I want to plug in a 20gig Creative Zen and the Gateway allows USB or AV connections, figured i'd prefer to have the dash apart once rather then twice. Trying to avoid dash rattle.

They are also remaping to boost the BHP by 70 - 80bhp. I'll let you know how it all goes and post some pics over the weekend.

Regards Bungle
Sounds cool! Pics would be appreciated thanks :)
If you don't mind me asking, what are Richter charging for the AV work?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts