Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just bought 2 front Brembo cross drilled rotors, and 2 zimmermann rear cross drilled rotors. I need help which brake pads to buy. Should I go for Ceramic brake pads or regular. Also, if someone can direct me to a site where I can find a good deal on brake pads.
Thanks
Kashif :57:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Saw your note on pads for use with Brembo rotors. I ran an 02 A4 3.0 at several Audi Club track events with Brembos. Disintigrated a set of EBC Red Stuff at Laguna Seca -- that was a thrill. Replaced with Mintex -- squeal you can't belive. The only way to get away from the squeal was to swap for stock pads from the dealer. On the track went to Hawk HP -- super stopping but sqeal -- ended up having two sets of pads.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
u just got better rotors dont get cheap on it now

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx for replying. I am thinking to go with PBR Ultimate Ceramic brake pads, or Pagid, or ATE. I am not a track racer, or a street racer, and also don't want to spend to much on brake pads either. What do you suggest will be better brand and quality. :liebe011:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by arktika@Sep 2 2005, 02:05 AM
Replaced with Mintex -- squeal you can't belive.  The only way to get away from the squeal  was to swap for stock pads from the dealer.
Mintex pads(c-tech) do squeal alot if you dont have the rubber shims fitted to the back of them. The shims are supposed to come in the box with the pads but both times I have ordered I havent recieved the shims. I found this out after complaining to TMD friction(mintex importers) about the noise. My car sounded like an old truck stopping before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts