Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Bought my S3 about a month ago from from an Audi dealer here in the UK.

Just wanted to know if there is anything in particular I should be careful about or should look out for as I'm new to the car.

Its a 2001 210 bhp model, with 40k on the clock.

Also - It seems to be using a bit of oil and the steering falls very slightly to the left. Are these points common or should i get them checked out, I've had the tracking done and the steering still falls to the left and I've checked all the tyres and there is no uneven wear.

Just on another note as I'm new to this forum just wanted to say hello to anyone reading this and thanks in advance for any responses!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'll respond since knowone else has.

They are great cars but I feel slightly tempramental. I have the same model and it hardly uses a drop of oil. Check for haze of blue smoke on full deceleration or on changing gear. If apparent - Get it seen to!

I also had trouble with my headlights dropping. They hit rock bottom and have amind of their own. If this is the case, there is a sensor that goes or alternatively new units required. I got 2 new units from Audi as sensor did not cure! Not cheap out of warranty!

Most cars will veer slightly to the left due to road camber (angle of tar for drainage). If road perfectly level just look at it this way -U'll avoid head on collisions if you take ill at the wheel!

Paint is easy to scratch but hey ho, that life in 2005.

Enjoy it, leave it standard and be proud.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts