Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, just bought a 98 A3 1.6 Sport in red. Anything i should be looking at in particular, took a mechanic along when buying it and he had no problems its dont 75k miles and has just had the timing belt replaced. Just wondered if there was anything that all you in the know would care to share. It has had a Sony 6 CD changer tucked behind one of the panels in the boot but still ahs the original cassette head unit, how difficult will it be to replace this with something more up to date as my dad reckons the current unit is not DIN Standard. Also my plans are to upgrade the lights and wheels dont have any questions about the lights as ive browsed the forum fairly extensivly, however with regards to wheels i was looking at some 17inch RS8s on Ebay, will these be easy to fit, or what should i be looking for. Sorry for sounding naive at all but it is my firt car and i am only 18 after all.

Regards

Chris

·
Registered
10 Posts
you can just take out the stereo and use a fitting kit that converts it to standard DIN - very easy to do. You will then need a wiring kit to convert from the audi connections to the standard din ones, all about 20 quid all in unless you have bose, then its about another 20 quid on top. oh yea you will also need ground loop isolators if you have bose otherwise you will get a hissing over the stereo. RS8 wheels will fit ok, I know you can put up to the 19" ones on the S3 but not sure about the standard a3, im sure 17" will be fine as ive seen these on 1.8t models. The 18" RS4 wheels also fit perfectly (thats what I have).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts