Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own an 02 plate BMW 318i se touring. I'm looking tobe changing quite soon. My dad owns a Skoda octavia 54plate 2.0tdi (140). Which I think is great. The only down side is that the engine although being quite powerful its noisy and gruff. Gearbox is a dream and its certainly a well put together car.
What I want to know before I go and buy a 320d m-sport is has the latest Audi A4 2.0tdi s-line got the same gearbox as the skoda also is it as noisy and gruff? Apart from looks is there anything that you guys and girls would tell me to what to watch out for, or persuade me into an 6m-1yr old Audi A4 tdi s-line?

Many thanks Jonnie

·
Registered
224 Posts
Skoda and Audi, along with VW, Seat, Lambo, Bugatti - all share the same parts bins as each other (because they are all owned by the Volkswagen-Audi-Group AG - VAG).

The Skoda brand is seen as the "poverty" spec brand, and as such, many of the niceties are missing. Audi on the other hand are seen as the highly upmarket, executive brand, and have all the latest high-spec toys and gizmos.

The Audi will be much more refined, with better noise insulation, better quality cabin materials, etc, etc.

Go drive an A4, and you will soon kick the "propeller" badge in to touch!

Rgds

·
Registered
175 Posts
The best is to go for a test drive. The noise insulation in the Audi is superb.
I have a 3.0TDI and you can't hear it even at tick-over.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts