Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

can anybody help before i go mad

I have an A4 1.9 TDI Sport 2001 (B6), The car is fine when cold but as soon as normal running temp is acheived and the car is stationary the car begins to vibrate and judder in the cabin almost like there was a missfire with the engine however there is no fluctuation of the rev counter and the engine seems fine.

I have had the car into three garages including Audi and they cant find the fault. I have had 2 engine mounts replaced, Fuel filter replaced and the whole engine including the injectors checked and everything is fine.

Appart from this problem when stationary the car runs perfectly and is very fast therefore i doubt it is a problem with the engine.

A friend told me of some sort of deisel pre heat engine which is attached to or is part of the engine and he suggested this however i have never heard of this before

Can anyone out there help.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same car, same year, same problem. Garages would love to have you in so that they can run a diagnostic but no fault codes appear - after that its all guesswork! I have had suggestions (guesses) of timing belt engine mount and injectors but all are fine on mine so its a matter of living with it until someone comes up with an answer. It seems fairly common as theyre talking on other forums about this too and I am looking for answers. It would be a shame to sell it on this one point as the drive as superb. Good luck and dont forget to post on here if you find the answer :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
gordon109 said:
Hi

can anybody help before i go mad

I have an A4 1.9 TDI Sport 2001 (B6), The car is fine when cold but as soon as normal running temp is acheived and the car is stationary the car begins to vibrate and judder in the cabin almost like there was a missfire with the engine however there is no fluctuation of the rev counter and the engine seems fine.

I have had the car into three garages including Audi and they cant find the fault. I have had 2 engine mounts replaced, Fuel filter replaced and the whole engine including the injectors checked and everything is fine.

Appart from this problem when stationary the car runs perfectly and is very fast therefore i doubt it is a problem with the engine.

A friend told me of some sort of deisel pre heat engine which is attached to or is part of the engine and he suggested this however i have never heard of this before

Can anyone out there help.

Thanks
Snap, same year and model. Mine only appeared after it's cambelt change if that's any help. My thoughts are it's injector timing. It only does it when the engine is hot though. A slight touch on the throttle, even without increase revs can help stable the car. It's very odd. If engine mounts, fuel filter, injectors have been replaced then I'm at a loss!!! Those were things I was going to do... could be a waste of dosh. I've just done my fuel filter. No avail. I've got VAGcom and just increased fuelling to highest value which 'may' have helped a little. Maybe it's just the fact that it's cooler outside and then engine isn't quite a hot. I don't do big journeys you see.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What gets my goat is, this seems to be a fairly common problem yet Audi Servicing pretend they didnt know it even existed. "...Bring it in and let us rip you off..." then you can have your car back with the same problem - no one wants to FIND the problem they want to take a guess, change an unnecessary part and if problem remains they shrug their shoulder and scratch their heads... I give up ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts