Audi Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My order is in... A3 TDi Sport with DSG - silver metallic and black alcantara interior. Bose soundsystem and a few other little extras but sadly no sat nav... too blimmin' expensive unfortunately. Got a pretty good deal though and it should only be a 6-8 week wait! :460:

(Edit - changed my mind on the colour!)

·
Registered
3 Posts
awesome, bet you're having a few sleepless nights already, like xmas :p

Have you got any info on the Bose system? Most people go for it. The brochure doesn't say whether it has a sub or not, what is the sound quality like? (this obviously goes to people who already have one)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still waiting... hopefully not too long now though! :unsure:

stevie_d, obviously I can't answer your question on sound quality as I don't have my car yet but there are lots of arguments for and against. From what I've heard, the BOSE system wins hands down at high volumes where the standard system starts to distort (which I guess is understandable). Some people claim it's not worth the extra cost and you'd be better off installing an aftermarket soundsystem but personally, I don't have the time nor the skillz for that! :blush-anim-cl:

But it certainly comes with a sub and amp in the boot. There doesn't seem to be much detailed info available - the best I could find is here

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Mandy,

I ordered mine yesterday, TDI S-Line DSG. Audi have told me 6 weeks too, lets hope they are right!!

I had a bose system in an Alfa once, loads better than standard kit! I've not bothered on this one as I've always been satified with the symphony II, I have a Linn system at home and no car system is ever going to compare with that so I've given up trying.

Can't stop thinking about the bloomin thing arriving all shiney now and getting to have a serious go with those DSG paddles!!! Did Audi say anything to you about launch control?

See ya,

Rob

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on your order, hope Audi stick to their word!

I've never even heard of 'launch control' until here (was it your other post?) a few days ago. Perhaps it's only on the S-Line models but I'm sure Audi would have mentioned it as that was a consideration of mine. Whatever... 'launch control' sounds kewl... very star trek! (which I actually don't find cool at all but you know what I mean) :p

·
Registered
23 Posts
yeah launch control is cool!
On M3's and the TT basically to launch the car you put the gearbox in sport mode, press the brake pedal, floor the accelerator (which due to software control does not engage the clutch and therefore rip it apart!) the launch control system will take the revs up to max power.....then simply take your foot off the brake! LAUNCH! I've heard rumours that on the TDI this takes the 0-60MPH time down to 6.5 seconds!!! Now that is quick! Launch control is the technology F1 uses, the software allows a certain amount of wheel spin to ensure maximum traction and acceleration. However, on the 1st versions of the BMW M3 SMG box using the launch control function over a certain number of times actually invalidated the warranty!!! So I wanted to check whether or not it is mentioned in the manual, and subsequently whether using the function affects the warranty?

Looks like we've got a race on to see who's motor gets here first :trophy:
lets hope either way, neither of us is disappointed.....I've waited 6 months for a new alfa before!!!! Admittedly it had only just come out and I had a rare spec...but I was told 2 months!

Cheers

Rob

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, I like the sound of that :banana:

My dealer has told me to expect delivery week after next so I think I might beat you on that one :bwekk: I'll let you know when it arrives!

Cheers,
Mandy

·
Registered
23 Posts
ahh barhumbug.

Do let me know, and get some piccies up here soon. Can you check out the manual for me, see if it does say anything about launch control? I could wait and do it myself but I'm too excited lol.

Laters

Rob

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just spoke to the dealer... it has arrived! :banana:

But I still haven't seen it... it's now gone to the body shop to get the Votex kit fitted and should be back at the end of the week. It then needs to be taxed etc. so I should get the keys early next week. Oh my god, how am I going to cope over the weekend?

:nahrung034: <- that should help!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts