Audi Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear fuel injection pump has started to loudly humm constantly and i'm not sure wether to get it checked out at more expense or wait till it packs in ...

The only thing that concearns me is xmas is 22 days away and i gotta drive my car 200 miles down the motorway at 80 mph in the early hours of the morning to catch a plane on xmas eve.. and i'm a bit worried it might decide to pack in on me leaving my family stranded..

The fuel pressure still seems fine,no loss of performance..

Has anyone had a fuel pump go on them ??

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
T-Sport... contact your local PARTCO and get one at trade price, however i have never fitted one....

one other option is to take the A3.... '-)

Cheers

Rickt

·
Registered
11 Posts
fuel pump

I think they are about £100 and are easy to fit. But watch out, the fuel is under pressure when the car is running so the connections have to be tight But be careful not to crush the pump as the walls are like an aluminium can.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stuart scott said:
I think they are about £100 and are easy to fit. But watch out, the fuel is under pressure when the car is running so the connections have to be tight But be careful not to crush the pump as the walls are like an aluminium can.
Cheers for that stuart. Do you know where the pump is located? i looked undeneath but couldnt see anything that resembles a pump ...

Is it located in the fuel tank like some other types of car ??

·
Registered
11 Posts
pump

The last one I changed was on a ninety quattro it was on the passenger side at the rear forward of the tank, it is about the same shape and size as a beer can it's on bracket with two straps holding the pump.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
is it not under the rear seats?? ie... take the rear seat out and is it there?? i remeber seeing something there the other day with power going to it when i was cleaning??

Rickt

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes thanks for the info RickT,maybe its the filter that need replacing to quiten down the humm noise ??

Would Audi not have changed the fuel filter on the 80k longlife service though ??

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
nope... the fuel filter is not in the "standard service".. the fuel filters can last upto 100k i hear!

how ever... i have not changed mine and have no history of it being changed.. over 100k on it now!

Rickt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts