Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get a 87 cs5000 excellent condition with 90k miles. I drove it and its good except a small oil leak in brakes. asking price is $1400. any input should I take it. will it last another 100k

·
Registered
4 Posts
juno said:
I can get a 87 cs5000 excellent condition with 90k miles. I drove it and its good except a small oil leak in brakes. asking price is $1400. any input should I take it. will it last another 100k
If you look on e-bay 5000's go for 500-1000 dollars.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It all depends on how its been treated in the past as to if it will last another 100K. Some problems to check for would be power steering leaking, both at the pump and around the rack itself. This is a common problem with these cars. And you said your drove it so im assuming that there arn't any brake lock ups, becuase the calipers tend to freeze often if the car sits too long. Not sure what area of the country your in, but rust would also be something to look for. Other than that, i have a 1987 5000cs Turbo Quattro, with 90,000 and i'm loving it. It has its problems here and there, but nothing i dont mind tackling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts