Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following advice received in this forum I am looking to get an iPod to fit in the Audi.

Can anyone let me know if the adapter will work with the Shuffle, or give me any tips on what to get and how much I should expect to pay.

Someone also mentioned using the official connector for the Audi, is that Audi or Apple ?

TIA

Damian

·
Registered
163 Posts
The ipod shuffle is generally not compatible with ipod docks, cables and the like that control ipods. However, there are also auxillary input adapters that an ipod shuffles headphone jack can connect to, you wont be able to control it with the headunit, but you'll get good sound.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi, I've purchased the official Audi Ipod adapter and fitted it. The adapter cost £100 (from the main dealer) and interfaces with the radio instead of the 6 disc CD changer. You will need to make sure that you get the correct one for your radio head unit. You can control the Ipod from the radio. You get access to 5 playlists and Audi recommend that you name them 1,2,3,4 and 5, the 6th playlist is everything else that is on the Ipod. From the menu button on the radio you can also switch on random play.

Cheers
Jon

PS. the adapter connects to the Ipod connector and not the head phone jack, and also charges / powers the Ipod.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts