Audi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting the 2005.5 A4 Avant 2.0T with the Navigation package, the Bose premium package, (and no tape deck). How can I hard wire in my iPod? I need a non-FM transmitter solution.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Originally posted by MLW-Audi+Feb 20 2005, 05:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MLW-Audi @ Feb 20 2005, 05:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I am thinking about getting the 2005.5 A4 Avant 2.0T
[/b]

they have the 2.0FSI turbo out in the A4 already.. are you sure?

<!--QuoteBegin-MLW-Audi
@Feb 20 2005, 05:34 PM
How can I hard wire in my iPod?
[/quote]
you can have your ipod take the place of your CD changer if you dont want to use it of if you didnt order it. use a blitzsafe aux. input adapter. google it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Originally posted by bhb399mm@Feb 20 2005, 09:45 PM
they have the 2.0FSI turbo out in the A4 already.. are you sure?
you can have your ipod take the place of your CD changer if you dont want to use it of if you didnt order it. use a blitzsafe aux. input adapter. google it.
OK to ask a very-closely related follow-up question? What about the "standard" stereo in the 2005 A4 Quattro 1.8T Special Edition? (I *think* it's called a Symphony II). Is there any way to tie in an iPod to this stereo? It already has a 6 CD changer (in the dash), so can't tell if there's an option to hook up a changer (AUX) or not. . . . .

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Originally posted by Scott+Feb 21 2005, 06:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scott @ Feb 21 2005, 06:07 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>OK to ask a very-closely related follow-up question?   What about the "standard" stereo in the 2005 A4 Quattro 1.8T Special Edition?
[/b]

the A4 has the SymII head unit ... should look like this:

Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2005, 06:07 AM
Is there any way to tie in an iPod to this stereo?  
yes....

<!--QuoteBegin-Scott
@Feb 21 2005, 06:07 AM
It already has a 6 CD changer (in the dash), so can't tell if there's an option to hook up a changer (AUX) or not. . . . .
[/quote]
even though there is an indash CD changer your car is still wired for an external CDC. you have the potential for 12 CDs in your system... there IS an CDC hookup on the back of you head unit which you would use to hook up your ipod.

you will use the AUDI/AUX DMX V.1B whihch will plug into the CD changer port on the back of your head unit. this will turn the CD changer port into two RCA inputs. to use these inputs, you will switch the source to "external CDC" and the music will come from your ipod.

once you have the aux input in place your ipod install options are endless. i've done installs in both my jetta and allroad... check out my pictures of my jetta install here. i didnt take pics when doint the allroad install... sorry. that should give you some ideas though. :thumbsup:

edit: if you have sat radio it will have to be disabled. the sat radio and the external cdc use the same port on the head unit.

edit: links fixed

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for the thoughtful and thorough reply. Tried to link to the two urls in your post (adaptor, Jetta), but am not able to. Am getting a message, "follow.php could not be found. Please check the name and try again."

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you have a head unit that allows or has a CD Changer then you can get the IPOD2CAR which is a cable that attaches to the back of the head unit using the port normally assigned to the cd changer - it consists of a cable with an adapter box that then plugs into the ipod port.

It allows you to change tracks on your ipod via the stereo and it also charges the ipod.

Check out this website - http://www.theistore.com/ipod2car.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
iPod

Too bad you won't have the cassette. The cassette adapter works perfectly as a n easy iPod input point, much better than FM (I have both).

Mike
2004 A4 Cab

1 - 10 of 10 Posts