Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an S4 with a Bose Stereo and Satellite Radio (which I am not using).

I purchased a interface cable for my ipod that requires to be connected to the CD changer din connector -which I have been told is somewhere in the trunk area.

Does anybody know exactly where where it is?

Thanks,

jcd

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
left hand fender compartemnt

edit: which CD changer plug are you looking for.. there are two - one behind the head unit and one in the trunk.. which adapter are you using? i did exactly the same thing in my allroad

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick response.

I am looking for the "din" connector (round 9 pin) for a CD changer that I was uner the impression should be where you say it is, however, all I find in that location are the connectors for the XM radio and no "din" connector (round 9 pin) for the CD changer. Could it be anywhere else in the trunk area?

I am starting to believe that A4sare come wired it to the trunk for XM radio or CD changer. -not both.

If this is the case then I believe my only option is to go the head unit.

The interface I have is from Autosoundgear.com. It is the Peripheral PXDP with a harness for Audi - which is the round "din" connector.

Please help.

jcd

·
Registered
4 Posts
You might want to check behind the glove compartment. The six disc changer actually installs in that location.

The other option I will recomment is the Dension Icelink. I have this setup on my S4 and it works fine for me. You just uninstall the radio to access a connector and ground the unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts