Audi Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
RickT said:
Hi Guys,

one of our members in the B6 section thinks he may have this film on this car and it appears to have pitted over time

http://www.audi-forums.com/b6-forum/41655-paintwork-concerns.html

He would like "attempt" to remove this..

Any ideas or best couse of action if you wanted to remove this...

I have asked SDJ1704 to post in here asking as i dont have any experiance with this film..

Thanks to all in advance!!

Cheers

RickT
If it does has this plastic film on the front - then he would want to have it professionally removed. At least - thats what the guys who installed it told me.... I think its a similar process to removing window tint (and i've done that with friends before - but i won't do it again...) - I would advise just checking with a local accessory shop - or the dealership.

If the problem he has is not the film - then thats another story....

·
Registered
3 Posts
The film is easy to remove. Just use a heat gun to warm the film and remember to pull the film away from the direction it's being removed. A little adhesive remover and a soft plastic squeegee will take care of any adhesive left over. I've seen shops charge upwards of $100 to remove film, it's something you can do with a $10 bottle of adhesive remover.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Speedshield said:
The film is easy to remove. Just use a heat gun to warm the film and remember to pull the film away from the direction it's being removed. A little adhesive remover and a soft plastic squeegee will take care of any adhesive left over. I've seen shops charge upwards of $100 to remove film, it's something you can do with a $10 bottle of adhesive remover.
Thats good to know!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is definitely worth the money. If you compare the cost of the film to the value of the car, it's in the single digits as far as percentage of value to actually protect the exterior value of the car. Consumers rush to put the same thing on the front of their phones and that cost about $20. Compare that to the value of lets say a smart phone which is about $200. Granted thats with the whole upgrade schpeel which is when most people buy. That's 10% of the value of the phone. And typically that phone is exchanged out within about 2 yrs since that's when their next upgrade is. And phones devalue a lot faster than cars do.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts