Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I join this forum with a bad taste for Audi's but am willing to consider others experiences.

I have a 2000 A6 wagon. I put about 20K miles on it a year and change the oil regularly. It now has 91,000 miles on it. I have had to put over $6000 in repairs into it in the past year....$5000 of it was unexpected. Here's the laundry list broken into expected and unexpected:

Expected:
Front brakes and rotors
Rear brakes and rotors
90K service

Unexpected:
both catalytic converters (under warranty)
both CV boots
new fuel injectors
thermostat and water pump
timing Belts (not part of 90K)
upper link on both left and right
PRP shaft seal

Has anyone else had this much maintenance in one year on a similar vintage car? The car runs great now. However, every time I bring it home from some repair, I can say that and then 2 months later I am back at the dealer. The Audi dealer in Natick MA sees me and the dollar signs light up in their eyes. I have asked them to push the car off a cliff, but they swear there are no cliffs nearby.

Any ideas?
-Nicole
POSA6

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
have u tried an independent mechanic cause audi makes its money on repairs

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. The 90K, fuel injectors and gasket are being done as I type by an independent mechanic who is Audi certified. They have were cheaper on the 90K service but everything else is roiughly the same b/c they have the same hourly rate as the dealer. However, they are stunned by the amount of $$ to date.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
yea that alot, u heard of u have to pay to play but thats outragous, but u do understand wit high miles will equate to problems that goes for any car

1 - 4 of 4 Posts