Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i recently purchased a OEM timing belt kit online, and with the kit it comes with 4 literes of PINK antifreeze... currently there is blue in my car. Im just wondering since i will be draining the antifreeze anyways, can the pink replace it? Is one of the colors considered "better"?

Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
I do know this much. Audi wants you to use the pink (G-12) stuff in your cooling system. This stuff is specially made to resist corrosion in your aluminum cooling components. Make sure you flush all the normal coolant out before you put in the pink. Otherwise it will turn brown and your service guy will pitch a fit.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would you recommend like taking a couple gallons of water, and putting that through...after all the original stuff comes out?

·
Registered
137 Posts
That wouldn't be bad, but there are cooling system flush products available at your local auto parts store. These may be better. Prestone pops to mind.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
yeah Pink is the audi recommened stuff...

What i would do it run a few litres of water through it just to drain it and then just run a system flush at the end to make sure you get it all out.... top up with fresh.. dont over fill.. (you may have to start her up a few times topping up to get it around the system to get a true level... (im sure you already know that)

Rickt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts