Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Audi quattro A6 avant with 72k miles on it and the center section of the dashboard, where the red writing is, has scrambled. The dealer tells me the whole section need replacement and the cost will be about $2k. Can this unit be taken out and repaired? If not then where can I find another center section and replace the faulty one. If I do that what are the problems I will encounter? Does anyone have a center section for sale?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2001 Audi quattro A6 avant with 72k miles on it and the center section of the dashboard, where the red writing is, has scrambled. The dealer tells me the whole section need replacement and the cost will be about $2k. Can this unit be taken out and repaired? If not then where can I find another center section and replace the faulty one. If I do that what are the problems I will encounter? Does anyone have a center section for sale?
wow that sucks bro i was told at my dealer it would cost me 700$ for a new one on my b5 s4

this might help a bit good luck with that bud
Official DIY 2000 Audi S4 LCD Instrument Cluster Pixel Repair "No Hot Air Rework Station Needed" - AudiWorld Forums

·
Registered
2 Posts
yes that may be true but....

i'm more willing to have my own cluster and the new lcd they install is guaranteed for as long as you own it. I guess its all up to the individual

1 - 5 of 5 Posts