Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Audi Friends.....
I'm in need of some desperately needed help. This morning my 99 A4's (2.8 Quattro) battery bit the dust. I had to jump start the car to drive to work and when I arrived at work, I charged the battery for at least an hour and it failed to take a charge. Called my local Audi tech and he suggested a new battery. Now, prior to installing the battery, I had noticed a small rectangular white light flashing just above my clutch foot. I have never seen this light go on in the past. After installing the new battery, I probably didn't wait the full 5 seconds to start the car as I now read the manual suggests. The outcome is that I have a completely dead Bose Concert Sound System that blows the 20 amp fuse instantly upon changing it. I also no longer have any interior lights. Can anyone please help me out as I have no idea what the problem could be. I have now blown about 8 fuses trying over and over again to get the radio to at least go into it's safe mode. I even disconnected the new battery and started all over again as the manual suggests but to no avail, nothing but silence. Please help me out as my nerves are now frazzled.
Respectfully,
Ed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Syntax,
It was some time ago but the mistake I made was jump starting the car when the battery failed. The voltage spike killed the interior light module and the sound system module. When all was done, it cost me over $750. The dealer looked at me like I was suppose to know that you couldn't jump start an Audi. Hell, I thought it was an automobile!
Big Mistake,
Ed
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top