Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I wanted to know what you all thought about this car. I found one recently with 96k(all HIghway miles) and i am not sure if its a good buy or not. They are asking 10.5k believe. They recently did the timing belt and water pump at a Audi dealership with the tires and brakes replaced.

Is there anything i should look out for? Is there any common problems? Should i be worried about this car being a turbo with high miles? I come from a turbo background and turbo cars with high miles usually mean problems. Please any help is greatly appreciated i need to get a car soon and this looks like a nice deal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I asked the same questions of three Audi mechanics when mine came off lease at 50,000 miles. I wanted to buy it but had the same concerns as you. The water pump was the only problem mentioned and I did make the buy.
What a great car. I say buy it! Good luck, Bob

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is it Certified, are you buying from an Audi dealer? If so, then the turbos will be covered under warranty. Turbos seem to go out at different times on different cars...some go early, some last forever. I would also check for any leaks around the valve covers, as "older" Audis are prone to that. Other than that, since the timing belt and water pump were just done, it sounds like a pretty good deal. If you get it, post some pics! BTW if the turbos do go, that's always a good excuse to upgrade to K04s!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts