Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm wondering if anybody can help me. i'm driving a 1999 Audi A4, over the last few days my indicators (turning signals) have stopped blinking. When I signal to turn they are coming on solid. This doesn't seem to have effected my hazard lights, they still blink without any problems.
Any advice on what the problem is or where to look would be really appreciated
Eric

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
I have heard it does this in the past on other cars... or the other bulb which is working flashes really quick,..

Please update once to find the fix..

Cheers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same problem myself with my A4 it's none of the above, What it is in the Hazzard warning switch it has two functions,1 being a hazzard switch the other controlling the flashing for the indicators.
1st thing to do is take off the trim (just pops off) then carefully prise the hazzard switch out unplug and leave for 2 minutes then plug back in, this should now work but if it doesnt you will need a new hazzard switch as inside they have like 2 relays built in which you cant get at. Hope this helps....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Did this work, as i had the same problem on the weekend, i went to put the alarm on and the indicators just stayed on solid. I turned the alarm on and off and tried all of the indicators, but they still stayed on, i turned the car on and off and they started working eventually in all different combinations, like if i indicated one way they would work, then they wouldnt. I eventually took the fuse out for the hazards and put it back in and this resolved the issue, but does anyone know what the real problem is, or if it is going to cost me??

Thanks in advance :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts