Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - First of all, this is my first post and secondly I'm in Ireland so I hope my car terms work in the US! I drive a 2003 A4 2.0 - I love the car, admittedly it's a low power model by US standards, but hey, if you can find a road in Ireland where you can drive over 50 these days you'd be doing well! :)

Anyway, I replaced an failed front indicator light yesterday and all was working well for a few hours when the new one failed. Is there something else I should be doing/looking at?

Is there a maintenance manual for post 2000 A4's?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
not sure what a "front indicator light" is... turn signal? anyway.. if you replaced the new light with one that was rated for less power than was being supplied to the OEM bulb, the bulb would burn out faster. not sure if this helps. just one idea.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'll check the original bulb and make sure the replacement has the same rating.

Indicator (Ireland) = Turning Light (US) ;-)

Originally posted by bhb399mm@Jan 20 2005, 08:48 PM
not sure what a "front indicator light" is... turn signal? anyway.. if you replaced the new light with one that was rated for less power than was being supplied to the OEM bulb, the bulb would burn out faster. not sure if this helps. just one idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts