Audi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased a 2003 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro. When the heat, air or ventilation are on the smell of stale pipe smoke permeates the air. I purchased a replacement in cab filter to help eliminate the problem but now I can't find where it's located in the car. Can anyone tell me where it's at and any tips on changing it?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
under hood at the passanger side
remove the cover

and heres the filter box

·
Registered
144 Posts
Interestingly enough, I notice that in the second picture there is a cover right above the cabin filter. My car does not have that, only the large plastic trim above the entire battery compartment, that can be seen in the first picture. Now, I'm not the first owner of this car, so I wonder if A6 models should have that cabin filter housing cover. Any A6 (C5) owners, can you clarify this issue?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
sorry i wish i can help u but i dont kno much of the A6s and the TDi engines

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks anyway. I think that the cabin air filter housing is the same on all A6s, it should not depend on the engine, TDI or not. Maybe the 4.2 V8 is different, but all others should be the same.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello, the A6 DO NOT have the nice cover like the A4's have so dont worry, as soon as you take the top cover off there will not be a second cover. Good Luck

Greg
Master certified Audi technician
"No S4 twin turbos aren't fun under warranty"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts