Audi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a 2.7t and looking online for possible purchases, I came across a 2.7t with chip and exhaust and claims 350bhp is this possible with only chp and exhst?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
yeah.. that may even be conservative... chips range from 40-80hp gains alone. if you knew the brand of chip that would be helpful

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by jusakidd@Jan 23 2005, 10:22 PM
I'm looking to buy a 2.7t and looking online for possible purchases, I came across a 2.7t with chip and exhaust and claims 350bhp is this possible with only chp and exhst?

Why do they gain so much from just chips? is because the turbo's are really downplayed?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's an APR chip and UUC hybrid customized exhst, so this enough for 100+ hp?

how well is the hp transferred from fly wheel to wheels?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
the APR chip boosts HP up to 318hp (i know .. i had the apr chip in my 01 A6).. 32hp from exhaust is possible... but that might be a stretch. regardless, sounds like a nice A6.

you lose a little HP from the AWD but you shouldnt notice it. you'll have a pretty quick A6 if you buy it. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by jusakidd@Jan 24 2005, 11:03 PM
it's an APR chip and UUC hybrid customized exhst, so this enough for 100+ hp?

how well is the hp transferred from fly wheel to wheels?

tell which is better APR, GAIC, 0.CT? Which one is better for: power/price/upgradable

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
GIAC claims +80hp from their chip... APR is only +68hp

most people i know prefer the GIAC chip for performance and reliability. if you're getting a 2.7t with a apr chip, however its not worth changing

edit: on a side note... i had the APR chip in a previous A6. My 2.7t allroad will be getting the GIAC chip this spring.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by bhb399mm@Jan 24 2005, 10:00 PM
GIAC claims +80hp from their chip... APR is only +68hp

most people i know prefer the GIAC chip for performance and reliability. if you're getting a 2.7t with a apr chip, however its not worth changing

edit: on a side note... i had the APR chip in a previous A6. My 2.7t allroad will be getting the GIAC chip this spring.
bhb399mm -

Any concern with the chip mod and your factory warranty or is APR's statement that their chip mod is not detectable by factory diagnostic correct?

Or maybe the performance gain is worth the warranty hassle with Audi.

Let me know your thoughts on this issue!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
1) my allroad is a lease... i'm very friendly with my dealer (2nd audi from them) and they are willing to look the other way was as long as i dont encounter any major engine problems (turbos, etc). audi of america owns the car, not specific dealers, they have nothing to lose.
2) when i install GIAC software i'm going to buy an extra OEM ECU... if i need to take my car in to the dealer, or when when i return it, i will swap the stock ECU with the GIAC one. i can then sell the GIAC one to make back part of the cost.
3) Not sure about APR, dealers are always coming out with new ways to detect ECU tuning. i'm sure they can tell even if they dont tell people
4) +80hp is well worth the hassle ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts