Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

i just got an 00' a4 2.8 quattro with the auto/manumatic transmission. it has 43,000 miles on it, and is in pristine condition. new filters, battery, and new conti tires. i was wondering if there are any tips or tricks that might make my experience with this wonderful car even better? i test drove the car many times and enjoy the power and handling very much. i am curious though to the exact horsepower and mileage numbers. what would they be for my car? also, what are some cheap ways to increase power without heavily modding things? (such as aftermarket filters, spark plugs, etc....not new headers, exhaust, etc). i am not looking for any huge performance boosting upgrades, just nice things that when added together, give a little extra go.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
well, you could chip the car, most people would say its not worth the money in a 2.8, but a chip will give you an extra 10hp or so... if you dont want exhaust, youre only other real option is a drop in K&N filter

·
Registered
2 Posts
Get rid of it asap.
i dont mean to sound nasty, but i had the exact same model. Bought it with 42000km on the **** and all went well untill motor plan expired. Had to repace instrument cluster, abs pump, central locking pump,(those three costing me nearly $3000) had some problems with the engin,then the aircon compressor went, etc etc.
Dont get me wrong, it is a great car, maybe i just pulled a dud, but unless you are covered with a motorplan, maintenance can become very expensive. i have owned 4 Audi's to date, but that is one i'd rather forget about!

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
don't mean to be cocky, but if u'r gonna buy an audi, expect heavy prices on maintnence. i'm only 17 and i bought a 98 a4 2.8 quattro and already replaced two control arms, $350 each, my front rotors, and my window switches, costing me about $1500 and i bought the car as is for 12,500.with 90,000 mi., so yea pricing is annoying but the car is worth it. and i'm not rich so it makes it harder for me to fix and upgrade with the money i get from a pizza job. so if u have the patience, keep the car, it's well worth it.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
theres not alot of potenial for the 2.8
basicly an exhaust and drop in air filter

and a crazy supercharger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts